Making the decision to get a quality hot tub may have been an easy one. You can readily picture yourself immersed in the warm water of your new Hot Spring® spa, enjoying your muscles being massaged by the carefully positioned jets. You are anticipating better sleep, reduced stress, and more quality time shared with your family members. What you aren’t anticipating is a big jump in your monthly energy bill. Should you be worried? How much energy do Hot Spring hot tubs use? Can you really afford it?
Texas Hot Tub Company is here to tell you that you will be pleasantly surprised by how little your energy costs will rise with the purchase of your Hot Spring spa. It is going to be much less than you may have imagined. Here’s why.
What Do Your Hot Tub Energy Costs Depend On?
There are various factors that will contribute to the cost of running your hot tub. These are:
- The cost of energy per kilowatt in your specific location.
- Your climate.
- The size of your hot tub.
- How well insulated your hot tub is.
- The quality and fit of your hot tub cover.
The good news is that Hot Spring hot tubs lead the industry in the design and manufacture of energy-efficient spas. From the pump, heater, jet design, insulation, and custom-fit covers, a Hot Spring spa is going to be your number one choice for an energy-efficient hot tub.
Hot Spring Energy Cost Calculator
To get cost information based on your geographic location, Hot Spring has devised a monthly energy costs calculator based on your location, climate, and your specific Hot Spring hot tub model. When you enter your hot tub model, average temperature setting, frequency of use, and other details, you will get an assessment of what you can expect to pay monthly for energy costs. Interestingly enough, most individuals find that their energy costs may only go up by $10-20 per month!
Specific Features of Hot Spring Spas That Bring Down Energy Costs
Hot Spring has designed a truly “energy smart spa”. Some of the features of a Hot Spring spa that will reduce your energy costs are:
- Multiple layers of high-density polyethylene foam in each Highlife® Collection model. This is the same material used to insulate freezers.
- FiberCor™ insulation on every Limelight™ Collection spa. This material has a density that is four times stronger than the ½ lb material used in most hot tubs.
- Hot Spring spa covers are custom fit to the model you buy, and have a tight fit and high R-value for insulation.
- The SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump uses minimal energy — less than a 40-watt light bulb, in fact — while continuously circulating the water in the spa.
- The WaveMaster® jet pumps in Hot Spring hot tubs come on when activated.
- The SmartJet® system allows you to choose only the jets you want to use in each spa session, using far less energy than other hot tub brands.
- Specifically designed and patented pumps and heaters that provide maximum efficiency and minimal energy consumption.
While hot tubs offer numerous relaxation and therapeutic benefits, it is important to consider their energy consumption and environmental impact. Purchasing a Hot Spring hot tub can be a perfect choice for achieving the best outcome in both those areas. How much energy do Hot Spring hot tubs use? Far less than you may have imagined! Hot Spring hot tubs are industry leaders in quality, performance, and energy efficiency. Texas Hot Tub Company is your number-one dealer of Hot Spring hot tubs in the DWF and Austin areas. Please stop by our Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, and Grapevine locations to speak to our professional staff about Hot Spring spa ownership.