Do your date night plans often look like this?:
“What do you want to do tonight?”
“I don’t know? What is there to do?”
“I have no idea. Movies? Dinner?”
“We did that the last three times. Maybe we should just rent a movie and stay in…”
Here, let us help you! We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite activities to do in the Dallas area for a great date night. Go ahead, use this list to plan your next several date nights well in advance!
Budget-Friendly Date Night Activities in Dallas
- Spend an evening at Klyde Warren Park participating in their free lessons and classes that include everything from Tai Chi to dance lessons.
- General admission to the Dallas Museum of Art is free every day it’s open. Or you can participate in the late night viewing for a small entrance fee on the third Friday of each month from 6:00 PM to midnight.
- Still want to see a movie? Then change it up a bit and see a double-feature at Coyote Drive-In located in Fort Worth or Galaxy Drive-In located in Ennis. Or do something kitschy with your movie going and participate in one of the Signature Series events at Alamo Theater.
- Loyd Park is open 24 hours a day, no camping gear needed. There is a reasonable per-car fee to enter, but then you can swim, walk the trails, watch the sunset and have a picnic dinner under the stars.
- Visit Trinity Groves for some window shopping and dinner and then stroll across the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge for a beautiful view of the Dallas skyline at night.
Splurge-Worthy Date Night Activities in Dallas
- Intrigued by the idea of skydiving but unwilling to take the leap? Try iFly Dallas instead! Indoor “skydiving” only a few feet off the ground!
- Six Flags over Texas is open until 10:00 PM all season. Rather than spending all day there, make it a date night! There’s something extra thrilling about riding roller coasters in the dark!
- Take a cooking class together at Central Market Cooking School. But this is a date night you’ll want to plan in advance because the classes fill fast!
- Adult-only after hours Social Science at the Perot Museum is not something you want to miss. It happens quarterly, so mark your calendar for the next one and learn about things like beer making and digital animation.
- What’s wine without cheese? Scardello Artisan Cheese offers evening cheese classes each month that focus on everything cheese (and includes beer or wine to accompany it!).
- After a romantic dinner, enjoy an evening helicopter tour over Dallas as the sun sets and the lights come on. Or float blissfully through the night sky in a hot air balloon.
Whatever you decide to do tonight or on your next date night excursion, plan to end the evening at home, in your hot tub relaxing under the stars and reminiscing on the fun you had on your non-couch potato date.