The vinyl spa cover is an attractive, durable foam insulation product. Monthly cleaning and conditioning are recommended to maintain its beauty.
To clean and condition the vinyl cover:
1. Remove the cover from the spa.
2. With a garden hose, spray the cover to loosen and rinse away dirt or debris.
3. Using a large sponge and/or a soft bristle brush, and using a very mild soap solution (one teaspoon dish washing liquid with two gallons of water), or baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), scrub the vinyl top in a circular motion. Do not let the vinyl dry with a soap film on it before it can be rinsed clean.
4. Scrub the cover’s perimeter and side flaps. Rinse clean with water.
5. Rinse off the underside of the cover with water only (use no soap), and wipe it clean with a dry rag.
6. To condition the cover after cleaning, apply a thin film of Hot Spring Cover Shield to the vinyl surface and buff to a high luster.